PS4 Won't Turn On Diagnois
If your PS4 won't turn on we're here to help! Unfortunately, this is a common problem with this game console but we know a few things that you can try yourself that might get it working again. Sometimes the cause of the problem is not an easy fix but sometimes it is. Let's take a look at some of the most common causes of this problem.
PS4 Not Turning On Causes
Here are a few of the most common causes of this problem:
- Power Cord. Sometimes the cause of the problem is simply just that the power cord is not plugged into the back of the PS4 fully. Check to be sure that the cord fits tightly into the plug on the back of the console. You may just need to fully insert in into the plug on the back of the console. If it doesn't seem to fit properly and it's really loose then you may want to purchase another power cable.
- Power Strip. If you have your device plugged into a power strip you should try to plug it directly into the wall. Sometimes when plugged into a power strip it can cause a no power issue to your console. Plugging it directly into a wall is a super fast and easy test that will tell you if there is a problem with the power strip.
- Bugs. One of the most common causes of a PlayStation 4 that won't power on is that it's infested with bugs. Cockroach infestations are the most common. If you see any type of bug going in and out of your Playstation and it won't turn on then it's likely that the bugs have caused damage inside the console. Unfortunately, just removing the cockroaches won't fix it if they have done damage inside...the damage will need to be fixed before it will work again. Keep in mind also that even if you get it fixed, if there are cockroaches inside your house or apartment after the PS4 has been fixed they will go right back into the console. Game consoles are the perfect bug house...they are nice and dark and warm.
- Faulty Power Supply. This is not as common as some of the other causes but it does happen. Sometimes components inside the power supply go bad and that will cause it to not turn on. If you try everything else on this list and nothing works then you probably have a bad power supply.
- Bad Power Button. Sometimes the PS4 power button can cause the not turning on problem. On the original Playstation 4 consoles, they put a touch sensitive button on them. This button had a metal piece inside the case that then touches a copper pad on the motherboard. If this metal piece gets bent or out of place then it can cause a no power problem. This is especially common with opened and/or dropped consoles. Sometimes these are fixable by removing the top cover and bending the metal piece back into place but sometimes they will need a new top plastic cover in order to work again. An easy way to check this is to plug the console into the wall then press the eject button. If the eject button works then you know it's probably just a power button problem. If it does not work then you know that it's probably not a power button problem.
How to Fix Your PS4
The first thing to do would be to go down the list above and try everything on the list. If you try every fix and none of them fix your console then you'll either need to replace the power supply or send it in for repairs to have an expert look at it. Unfortunately not everything on these console is easily fixed. If you don't feel you have the skills necessary to fix it then it's going to be better to send it in to repair experts instead of trying it yourself and causing more damage that will cost more to get fixed.